5th Week, Rudimentary changes
Our students, parents, community members and international supporters, we salute you once again, as it has become our new custom to provide YOU our weekly update at PEI.
I am here as the headmistress of PEI bringing to you once again the administration’s greetings. And thank God for His protection and guidance as we enter the 5th week of the 2018/2019 academic year.
We are committed to sustaining and improving the quality of PEI. To strengthen and keep our communication and relational networks, our new custom is to report to you weekly so that all are kept abreast of our acitivities at PEI.
In the event you were not able to read the brief of what we achieved during the 3rd week, you can read a full update here :
- Madam Susana’s class – “Morning Glory”: The pupils can identify the English alphabet from A – Z, upper- and lower-case as of the close of the school day Friday, 25 January 2019, they were able to identify and write to letter “t”. These pupils are aged 3-4 years
- Counting: Conservation of members
- Plants: Types of plants
About the 4th Week which just ended last Friday, 1 February 2019, the following lessons were taught:
- The Morning Glory class: writing their letters, they have moved from letter “t” to letter “u”. Writing their numbers, they are able to write from 0 – 30. They learned about caring for human body and caring for things in the classroom.
- The Carnation class: the children, ages 5 – 6 years, learned about the weather and light; in creative arts, they learned about primary and secondary colours; telling time – they learned to read the clock face; they also learned visual discrimination; and, the role of members in a family. Example; father, mother and child.
TEACHERS AND STAFF HIGHLIGHT
Ms. Sandra Amu handles children at PEI aged 2-3years in the Sun Flower class (Nursery one). She is a high school graduate and her objective is to impact the ability to read and write.
CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENT
As per our planned activities for this term, there will be a full-day program on 14 February 2019 to be held on the school premises. The program is designed to train our young ones on how to care for and love one another. We will also emphasize the importance of sharing one’s abundance with others. The following events are upcoming:
- Red Day – February 14, 2019
- Independence Day – March 6- 7, 2019
- Indoor Games – March 15, 2019
- Spelling Bee – March 29, 2019
- Revision – April 1 – 5, 2019
- Examination – April 8 – 15, 2019
- Vacation – April 17, 2019